JUNE FAVOURITES & EMPTIES

topshop, rimmel london, lipliner, lipstick, illamasqua, zoeva, urban decay, good things, miracle mattifier, moisturiser, ultrabland, lush, celestial, vaseline, spray and go, soap and glory, the fab pore, the goddess guide, gisele scanlon, eyeshadow primer potion, loreal, lumi magique, concealer, eastend snob, barry m,

Monthly Favourites posts have to be one of my favourite to read. Reviews are all well and good, but I feel like when a product has made it into someone's favourites above everything else, you know it's stellar. This is also the reason why I love Empties posts, as even more trustworthy evidence of a great product. So I've decided to combine the two, and post on the Friday nearest to the end of each month. Exciting stuff. So let's jump right in.

Favourites

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturiser in Cocoa Radiant (£4.99)

vaseline, spray and go, moisturiser, review

I'm lazy when it comes to moisturising, and I love how quickly this applies and sinks in. As a bonus, it smells incredible and doesn't leave me feeling sticky - perfect for applying before getting dressed in the morning or for a night out.

Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser (£7.99)

good things, miracle mattifier, moisturiser, review,

Perfect to use in the morning for those of you like me with an excessively oily t-zone. I wouldn't use this as a night moisturiser as I feel like it's a tad striping, but I love it under my makeup to keep oil at bay. Smells like berries, and is free from parabens, mineral oils, sodium laureth sulphate, and anything derived from animals, making it vegan. Perfect as I try to use as many vegan products as I can.

Soap & Glory The Fab Pore 2-in-1 Facial Mask and Peel (£10)

soap and glory, the fab pore, blackheads, face mask, peel, minty, refreshing, review,

soap and glory, the fab pore, blackheads, face mask, peel, minty, refreshing, review,

I'm not sure why this is described as a peel as it never dries and needs to be wiped off, but it certainly does its job. Although my blackheads weren't terrible, most of them were gone after the first use, with each additional use helping to maintain those clean pores. It smells like mint, and lasts an incredibly long time. I've been using mine twice a week for three weeks and I'm not even a fifth of the way through the tub, so while this seems expensive for a face mask, it does last forever. It can be a little harsh so I'd maybe stick to using once a week if you have drier skin.

Lush Celestial Moisturiser (£12.50)

lush, celestial, moisturiser, review,

This smells like vanilla ice cream. Incredible. It's really thick and takes ages to sink in, making it a perfect night moisturiser but not so great for applying before makeup, something that isn't a deal breaker for me. It seems expensive but only a tiny little bit is required for each application, making it fairly cheap overall.

Rimmel London Exaggerate Linerliner in 063 Eastend Snob (£3.99)

rimmel london, exaggerate, lip liner, eastend snob

rimmel london, exaggerate, lip liner, eastend snob, swatch

My perfect "your lips but better" shade. It's really creamy and feels almost like a lipstick, so I tend to wear this on its own. It twists up so you don't have to faff about with a sharpener which is great. The only criticism I have is that I go through these really quickly, but at £3.99 a replacement hardly breaks the bank. I am in love.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer in 02 Medium (£8.49)

loreal, lumi magique, concealer, pink toned, swatch

loreal, lumi magique, concealer, pink toned, swatch

I picked this up on a whim because Boots had a 3 for 2 on, and I have used it everyday since. It's great with foundation or without, which I've found is rare. As I only usually wear foundation on special occasions, I need a concealer that works well both ways, and this is perfect. Unusually, I'm not the lightest shade, but these seem to go by undertone. 01 Light is very yellowy, while 02 Medium is very pink. Definitely only for use if you're light skinned, unfortunately. The applicator is very Touche Eclat which I love. Can be blended in with fingers or with a brush - whichever method you prefer - and does not need to be set with a powder.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original (£16)

urban decay, eyeshadow primer potion, primer, original, swatch, review,

urban decay, eyeshadow primer potion, primer, original, swatch, review,

I would absolutely not be without this product. It makes eyeshadow apply more smoothly, blend more easily, and increases both pigmentation and longevity while minimising creasing. Even if you don't like to spend a fortune on high end eyeshadows, this is completely worth investing in. As only a teeny tiny bit is required each time, it really is very cheap overall. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Illamasqua Matte Lipstick in Bare (£18.50)

illamasqua, lipstick, bare, matte, swatch, review,

illamasqua, lipstick, bare, matte, swatch, review,

I actually won this in a competition that Illamasqua ran yesterday, and recieved it this morning. I know, I shouldn't be calling a product a favourite after one day, I should have thoroughly tested everything first, but this is now my favourite lipstick. It's just a little bit pinker than my lips so it's easy to just throw on, and despite being matte is not drying in the slightest as long as you prep your lips with lipscrub and lipbalm beforehand. I can honestly see myself wearing this nearly every day. It's just that gorgeous. It may be expensive, but it very rarely needs reapplied and so won't run down quite as fast as your standard cheaper lipstick. I adore this lipstick already.

Barry M Sharpener (£1.99)

barry m, sharpener, review,

Everyone needs a sharpener for all of those eyeliner and lipliners, and I cannot fault this one. It's cheap, easy to empty, sharp, and pink. It has two holes to sharpen both standard size pencils and thicker ones, like the NARS lip pencils. Basic but perfect.

Topshop TIGA Lizard Skater Shoes (£20)

topshop, slip ons, black, review

topshop, slip ons, black, review

I tend to wear a lot of black and so struggle making outfits feel more summery. These little beauties are perfect to slip on and match everything. They're so comfy. and the reptile texture makes them feel very luxurious. They're light but sturdy, and are great value for what they are, especially for Topshop. I've hardly taken them off since I bought them.

Zoeva Rose Golden Complete Eye Set (£56.95)

zoeva, rose gold, eye makeup, brushes, cheap, budget, review

I could not do my eye makeup without these beauties. They're super soft, gorgeous, and cheap. Although £57 seems like a lot to shell out in one go on brushes, it works out of £4.75 per brush which is incredible for such high quality. They even come with a makeup bag to store them in.

Empties

Lush Tea Tree Water Toner (£4.25 for 100g / £7.95 for 250g)

lush, tea tree water, toner, antiseptic, skincare, review

I use this after my cleaner as tea tree is a great antibacterial, antiseptic, and antimicrobial ingredient - perfect for oily or spot prone skin. My skin has been a lot clearer since I started using this, and I would not be without it. I've already repurchased.

Lush Ultrabland (£7.25 for 45g / £11.50 for 100g)

lush, ultrabland, cleanser, beeswax, oil based, skincare, budget, all natural, vegan

My holy grail skincare product. I've written a whole post about this cleanser here if you'd like to hear more about it, but to sum up, it's ridiculously amazing at removing all of the makeup and day to day grime that is clogging up our pores. I would never be without it, and always have a backup pot just in case. This could be in my favourites every month.

Lush Lust Gorilla Perfume (£12 for 10ml / £24 for 30ml / £48 for 100ml)

lush, lust, gorilla perfume, confident, lavender, rose water, vanilla absolute, all natural, vegan, review

This fragrance is so heavy and intoxicating. Very jasmine. I imagine it was intended to be a nighttime scent, but I love it all day everyday. It's absolutely gorgeous, and makes me feel like a queen. It's also red, which is very cool, but I'd recommend spraying it away from anything white as it does stain in high concentrations. I've gone through two 30ml bottles so far, and will be repurchasing when I visit Manchester in two weeks (more on that later!).

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (£17)

urban decay, perversion, mascara, thickening, black, review

My eyelashes are very long naturally, and finding a mascara that makes them look like anything other than spiders' legs is really difficult. However, this mascara focuses primarily on volumizing and darkening, and make my lashes look incredible. It's the blackest mascara I've ever seen. I've just finished my travel sized version, and will be buying the full size as soon as I'm near an Urban Decay counter.

illamasqua, skin base lift, concealer, review, light 01

illamasqua, skin base lift, concealer, review, light 01

Although this isn't completely done, I thought I'd include it. This concealer is very creamy, so works best when applied with a dense brush (Zoeva's 142 Concealer and Buffer Brush is perfect!). It comes in seven shades, from literally white to really dark brown. The shade range is excellent, and there should be something there for everyone. As much as I loved this, I prefer L'Oreal's Lumi Magique Concealer and so will not be repurchasing at the minute.

Did you like this new post type? Do we share any favourites? Know of any dupes for anything that I've mentioned? Let me know!

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin


12 comments

  1. That eye set looks gorgeous! I love Zoeva brushes! I really didn't get on with the Perversion mascara, I got it in the Naked on the Go palette and hated it, maybe I should give it another chance I think I only tried it a few times!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're without a doubt the best brushes I've ever tried - and the cheapest! I've heard a lot of people say that it's really clumpy but I honestly don't see how. Maybe it's just one of those love/hate products in the blogging community :')

      Delete
  2. Some great products here!

    Lauren x | https://laurenselwood.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend every single one! Fantastic the lot of them :')

      Delete
  3. Great post, loved this so much, only just noticed your blog but im enjoying it so far!
    Charlotte xx
    charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you!! It's always nice to hear that people like what I'm doing here :')

      Delete
  4. So many things here I love too! The tea tree oil really helps my skin in the mornings. I love the idea of the spray moisturiser tho?! Why haven't I seen that before, I'm lazy with moisturising too x

    www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, tea tree is my saviour! I hadn't seen them before either until the day I bought that one in Boots, and it's such a great idea! I'd definitely recommend it :')

      Delete
  5. Great picks! I have been lusting over the Zoeva rose gold collection for some time now. I also have the same topshop shoes, they literally go with everything and are super comfy! The vaseline spray and go is amazing, it's super handy and I love how quickly it is to apply! Urban Decay primer potion is also a must!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk
    MAC LIPSTICK GIVEAWAY
    http://www.clarkecouture.co.uk/2015/07/happy-1st-birthday-clarke-couture-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we have similar taste! I would 100% go for the brushes - the quality is amazing and they're so affordable, as well as completely gorgeous. The shoes are amazing right? I've been wearing them pretty much non-stop. Thank you for commenting! :')

      Delete
  6. I literally love this post, and your makeup brushes are absolutely gorgeous. Amazing blog, keep the good work up, babe! xx

    http://josefineeklund.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Heroine Heart
Maira Gall