THE MELT CROWD FROM FLAMINGO CANDLES

the melt crowd, flamingo candles, scent melts, subscription, wax burner, summer, good value, scented candles, review

Last month saw the first The Melt Crowd subscription box from Flamingo Candles, and the second I saw all of the gorgeous pictures I knew I had to give it a shot.

the melt crowd, flamingo candles, scent melts, subscription, wax burner, summer, good value, scented candles, review

The Melt Crowd is a new take on the recent monthly subscription box craze that's been sweeping across the bloggersphere, and one that I really like. For £10 a month (delivery included!) you receive eight scent melts, each with approximately thirty hours of burn time (so 240 hours worth of burn time per month - incredible!), and a free wax burner with your first box. As well as scent melts that you can buy alone online, subscribers will also get a number of exclusive scent melts and previews of new ones, which is a very nice feature. The first three boxes you receive after you've subscribed will not have any repeated scents, and the next few after that should only have a couple, but I don't think that this is a bad thing as I'm sure I'll develop favourites as the months progress. The contents of each box (excluding the first month's wax burner) are worth £18.95, so really great value. Subscribers also receive a 20% discount code to use on the website each month, which I plan to use to repurchase my favourite scent melts of the month.

the melt crowd, flamingo candles, scent melts, subscription, wax burner, summer, good value, scented candles, review

There are a number of different colours of wax burners, but the one I received is cream with a brown top. I'm not a huge fan of the brown, but I have a feeling it'll be covered up by the excess wax very soon so I'm not too bothered. You could also get creative and paint your wax burner if you don't love the colour that you get, which I might do soon.

the melt crowd, flamingo candles, scent melts, subscription, wax burner, summer, good value, scented candles, review

With the exception of the first month (due to the wax burner), the boxes fit through the letterbox, so no trips to the post office required. Always a bonus.

the melt crowd, flamingo candles, scent melts, subscription, wax burner, summer, good value, scented candles, review

July's box contains:
- Raspberry & Salted Caramel
- Cucumber & Melon
- Mojito
- Green Tomato Leaf (EXCLUSIVE)
- Lemon Curd
- Oriental Lotus & Rose Otto
- Pink Lemonade
- Island Breeze (EXCLUSIVE)

the melt crowd, flamingo candles, scent melts, subscription, wax burner, summer, good value, scented candles, review

Just to put into perspective how good value this subscription box is, a Yankee Candle wax melt is £1.49 and has a burn time of approximately eight hours, so you'd have to buy thirty Yankee wax melts (totaling £44.70) in order to have the same burn time as eight Flamingo Candles scent melts for £10. How crazy is that?

I've had my July box for just under a week now and I am in love. The scent throw is amazing, and lasts for hours (days, even) after you last heated the scent melt. I've been burning Pink Lemonade non-stop and I'm already thinking that I'm going to have to buy a few more melts in that scent. It's true love, guys.

Overall, I would 100% recommend The Melt Crowd. I've even converted my mum, who has already bought us some additional scent melts from Flamingo Candles and has decided to sign my grandparents, long term scented candle lovers, up for the August box. Amazing. I can see myself loving this box for months to come.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin


13 comments

  1. I keep seeing these everywhere and they look awesome. I'm hesitant though because I love Yankee candles. I know they're price but I'm just too loyal haha! What is the raspberry and caramel one like?

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion they're better than Yankee Candles, as they burn for much longer and have a much wider scent throw. I also prefer these scents to most of the Yankee ones. These really smell like what they say they are, and never smell artificial like some Yankee Candle scents do. The Raspberry & Salted Caramel melt smells very fruity, with a little kick of something else (salted caramel, I assume!). I'll admit, it's not my favourite, but I haven't burned it yet and I reckon I'll like it more when it's not as concentrated as it is as a solid :')

      Delete
  2. So cool, unfortunately I live in France :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still subscribe! International shipping is an extra £3.95 but in my opinion that's still well worth it! I'd happily pay that much :')

      Delete
  3. HOW did I not know this existed!? Oooooh so tempted........x

    Beauty and the Rest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great little budget treat, and each box lasts way longer than a month. I wholeheartedly recommend it. Super luxurious :')

      Delete
  4. These look so good. I've got a few Yankee candles to use up but then I'll be buying this! x
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! I'm burning Green Tomato Leaf right now and it's divine :')

      Delete
  5. I am a candle addict. I love most scents and this is such a good idea! I've never heard of the melt crowd but i will totally be looking at these to get my candle fix!! Which is your favourite from this box? Pink Lemonade sounds gorgeous xx

    daniellelgreaves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coincidentally, Pink Lemonade is my favourite! Closely followed by Green Tomato Leaf :')

      Delete
  6. Love the sound of this - I love candles so having this amount turn up at my door every month would make me seriously happy haha!

    Beth | Bethany Georgina

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great! I'm still loving my subscription box a month down the line - they last so long! :')

      Delete
  7. Many people prefer using gel candle wax because they produce candles with higher scent throw, which makes it perfect for spreading wonderful aroma during a room and enormous spaces. They also tend to burn longer than other sorts of wax, making it more economical to use.wax melts

    ReplyDelete

© Heroine Heart
Maira Gall