CLARISONIC PLUS DIARY


Sunday 28th June
I've just come back from a day of shopping in Glasgow. Today my mum and I made a bit of a crazy impulse purchase - a Clarisonic Plus. Debenhams on Argyle Street had a deal on where it was £129 instead of £179 and it sounded pretty amazing, so we thought we'd treat ourselves (I say this like we're not going on to Manchester in a week for a four day shopping spree but ah well). We picked the pink version, which is very cute. I knew the minute we bought it that I had to review it, so I'm thinking I'll keep a lil diary over a month or so to record how I feel about this strange gadget as I use it. Hope you like the new format. Very exciting.

Monday 29th June
The Clarisonic Plus needs to be charged for twenty four hours before first use, so today was the first day I've gotten to have a little play around with it. Honestly, I'm not overly impressed. I used it after I'd taken my makeup up (I didn't have any base makeup on today) with my favourite Lush Ultrabland cleanser on the slowest of the three speed settings with the normal brush head. It's nice, and it feels pretty good but I don't see a huge difference in my skin, other than it feeling a bit cleaner. I've had a little red spot on the tip of my nose for the last week, so I'm interested to see what happens to that.

Tuesday 30th June
Used the Clarisonic the same way today as I did yesterday. I went to the gym today, so my skin was feeling pretty gross, but it fixed it right up. Still no huge changes, although I did notice that Lush's Celestial Moisturiser sank in super quickly today, as it usually takes over half an hour for it to stop feeling greasy on my skin. My cleanser also wiped off much easier than it usually does, and left me feeling cleaner and smoother. Still no sign of any new spots as my skin purges.

Wednesday 1st July
Today I moved up to the second speed setting, as my skin is fairly tough and I reckon it can take it. Used the same cleanser as always. I've noticed a bit of redness on my chin and nose, so I reckon a spot or two is coming. The awful blackheads that I usually have on my nose (and that cannot be budged by anything) have really reduced, which is incredible.


Thursday 2nd July
Those red areas have not yet appeared as spots, but I have noticed a few small bumps on my forehead (where I never get spots but constantly have clogged pores). Overall my skin feels smoother and less rough, and actually looks fairly glowy which I love. It's also much less oily. Still using with the same cleanser, speed setting, and brush head.

Friday 3rd July
My little forehead bumps have not yet come to anything, and the red spot on my nose is gone. My skin (even my grease slick of a nose) is much much less oilier which is incredible in this hot weather (it's averaging 25 degrees celsius in Glasgow this week, which I know isn't really a lot but to us Glaswegians it's super hot). My skin is feeling smoother by the day, and my other skincare products are still sinking in brilliantly.

Saturday 4th July
Still no purge spots which is great but unexpected. Maybe I just had pretty clean skin to begin with. My face feels smoother than it ever has, and the products in my skincare routine are way more effective.

Sunday 5th July
Still spot-free. I have noticed that I have less blackheads appearing, and that I have hardly any of those little bumps I often get on my cheeks.


Sunday 12th July
Happy birthday me! I'm in Manchester at the minute and of course my Clarisonic came with me. I have no flaky skin on my nose and my foundation has been sitting so well. I look so glowy and healthy, and I even got complimented on my skin at three different beauty counters in Selfridges today. This is great.

Sunday 19th July
I don't have much else to say now. My skin still looks amazing.

Sunday 26th July
I've been using the Clarisonic Plus for a month now and I can honestly say that I couldn't live without it. I didn't use it over the past two days just to see and my current foundation (bareMinerals Complexion Rescue) just doesn't look as flawless or as glowy. I've switched my moisturiser to The Body Shop's Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet which I love, and I've been trying to try out Lush's Grease Lightning Spot Treatment but I've hardly had any blemishes to test it on! Any that I do have disappear in a day or two, and are much less red and angry than they were a month ago. I've also noticed a slight decrease in how oily my nose is, which is incredible seeing as it's the summer.

As cheesy as it sounds, this strange little gadget has honestly been life changing. I can't believe how much my skin has improved, as it wasn't even bad in the first place. I can only imagine how great the Clarisonic would work if you had particularly problem skin. I know it's expensive and, honestly, a bit of a princess product, but for the change I've seen in my skin over the past month, it's well worth it.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14826409/?claim=aa6cykg7sah">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments

  1. I'm so desperate to try a face cleansing brush and I love the format of this post! I was thinking of doing a photo diary if/when I get mine but I guess it depends on how my skin looks as to how brave I will be to do that haha! Great to hear that you've got on so well with yours!
    Nicola x (@itsneecola)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I love diary-style posts like this, I find it so interesting to see how someone's opinion can change over the course of testing out a new product. I was too afraid to post pictures of my skin, but hopefully at some point I'll do an update and be brave enough to include some :')

      Delete

© Heroine Heart
Maira Gall