BRAND FAVOURITES - ILLAMASQUA

illamasqua, brand favourites, foundation, lipstick, loose powder, blusher, skin base, bare, matte, ambition, matteveil, primer

Welcome to the first post of a brand new series I'm starting - Brand Favourites. I thought it would be fun to pick a different brand every few months and talk about my favourites products from them. I've been thinking about which brand to start with for a while, and after a good few days I decided that where better to start than my first high end makeup brand, Illamasqua.

Skin Base Foundation (£32.50)

illamasqua, skin base, foundation, review,

This was always going to be on the list. I wrote a whole review last month if you'd like to check that out for more details, but this is my absolute dream foundation. You're completely in control of the level of coverage, and once powdered, your skin just feels like skin and not at all cakey. I can't see myself loving another foundation quite as much as I love this one.

Loose Powder in LP010 (£24.50)

illamasqua, loose powder, lp010, matte, translucent powder, review,

I'm cursed with an oily t-zone, and until fairly recently there was absolutely nothing I could do to lessen the shine. Then I bought this powder. It's the mostly finely milled powder I've ever seen, and as a result it's very hard to over -apply.

Blusher in Ambition (£22)

illamasqua, ambition, swatch, blusher, pink, gold glitter, review

illamasqua, ambition, swatch, blusher, pink, gold glitter, review

I'm just gonna say this straight. This blusher is very glittery. Glitter in blusher seems to be detested by most people, which is fine, but I have to say that I love it. Since I'm not a huge highlighter fan, I feel like I need to get my sparkle somewhere, and this product is perfect. It's a gorgeous purpley colour, with lots of gold glitter that seems to just light me from within. I apply it with Illamasqua's Blusher Brush 1, and let me tell you, this product is crazy pigmented. You only need the lightest touch of your brush to pick up enough product. If you go overboard, it's very hard to sort of blend away, but if I have a mishap I like to just go over the affected area with my foundation brush to tone it down a little. I've used mine nearly every single day since March, and I've hardly left a dent.

Matte Lipstick in Bare (£18.50)

illamasqua, matte, lipstick, bare, swatch, review,

illamasqua, matte, lipstick, bare, swatch, review,

As I mentioned in my June Favourites and Empties post, I won this lipstick in a competition that Illamasqua ran on their Twitter a week or so ago. I actually didn't think that I would love this lipstick, as matte products usually play havoc with my insanely dry lips (and while we're on that topic, can anyone recommend a great lipbalm?) and I'm not a fan of nude lips on me, although am always envious of others who can rock them. However, this lipstick was nothing like I was expecting. It's so creamy and comfortable to wear, applies well over dry lips after a light layer of lipbalm, and smells like tablet. Mostly surprisingly of all is the fact that it suits me! I'm super pale and usually find that nudes wash me out, but this makes me look incredible (if I do say so myself). It's very quickly become my favourite lipstick formula ever, and I am very much looking forward to picking up a few more Illamasqua lipsticks while in Manchester (more on that later!).

As you read this post, I'm in Manchester on a five day shopping trip to celebrate my birthday on the 12th. I'm spending all round me, of course, so be prepared for a massive haul next week, something I'm very excited about. I love reading haul posts, and I can't wait to write my own!

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for artists who design good custom Blogger headers (even if it's yourself!) do let me know. You may have noticed that I've redesigned my blog this week, and just need that one finishing touch!

What are your favourite Illamasqua products?

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin


12 comments

  1. I love Illamasqua, especially their under-eye concealers! They've been a life saver just recently. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love those!! I would have included it if I had one currently, but unfortunately mine ran out and I haven't had a chance to repurchase :(

      Delete
  2. The skin base foundation is one of my favourites too! Very similar to Nars sheer glow but slightly thicker! I also love the mascara xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried their mascaras! Might have to put that on my shopping list :')

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try some Illamasqua products for a while now, the skin bases will be next on my list!

    aymielouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're expensive but well worth it! I'd definitely recommend visiting a counter if you can, as sometimes it can be hard to match yourself up correctly :')

      Delete
  4. I love the lipstick formula, but don't care for the shade I currently have from Illamasqua. That one, however look amazing.
    Angie x | Chocolate & Lipstick || UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I believe it's one of their best selling shades, but I would definitely recommend trying before buying at a counter if at all possible because it seems to look different on everyone! My swatch here looks really brown but on my lips it's more pinky which is very strange. I suppose it ensures that it's the perfect nude for everyone :')

      Delete
  5. Im yet to find a single product from Illamasqua that I don't love, Skin Base is my go to, it lasts all day and its so versatile. I just cant love them enough!

    Eloise x // www.mallowbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same! They're 100% my favourite brand. And their counter staff are all SO lovely :')

      Delete
  6. The foundation base is so good and the blusher too is so shimmery. Totally love this collection of products. I love your blog and if you fancy a read, then check onto my blog https://lifestylebites3.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

© Heroine Heart
Maira Gall