LIFE UPDATE & BLOGGING CHAT


So it’s been a while, and I feel like I owe you guys an explanation. I suddenly got very disheartened with blogging, and with life really, but after a good long break I’m back and ready to get down to business. The stress of applying to uni has been getting to me and I could really use the creative outlet. So here I am. Now, some life updates. 

My last post was about my exam results anxiety and luckily I did pretty decently, and have since received an unconditional offer to study Social Work at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, which was definitely a nice surprise. Now that I’ve confirmed my place, it’s all feeling very real and scary, but I’m sure I’ll do okay in this new, scary city. 

My family (and our four cats) moved house in mid February and getting all unpacked and settled in has been keeping us all busy. I love the new place so far, with the only drawback being the lack of train station, but I’ve been gaining valuable knowledge of how bus timetables work, which will no doubt come in very handy for my upcoming uni adventure. 

My friends and I are in the process of planning a five day break in London to celebrate finally finishing high school, and excited is an understatement. I already have a shopping list longer than my arm, and have been outfit-planning pretty much non-stop since we got all booked up. Makeup packing will definitely be the hardest, and considering we have two boys in our ranks, I really should aim to control my obsession and bring the bare minimum (which, for me, is three eyeshadow palettes and about seventeen lip products). Expect a fair few travel posts during the summer months!

I’ve had some pretty extreme issues with contraception recently (more specifically, the Mirena Coil), and as I’ve been on various types over the last six years, I’m somewhat of an accidental expert, so if you’d like an anecdotal post on that let me know and I’ll get cracking on it. This struggle has resulted in my always perfect skin going crazy, but the silver lining is that I have a lot of new skincare recommendations for you guys as a result. 

I’ve actually been through two breakups since my last post, which is pretty ridiculous to be honest, but I feel like I learned a lot about both relationships in general and myself in the process and so can’t quite bring myself to regret anything that’s happened there. I’m dithering about writing a post or two about my feelings here, but I’m always conscious of over-sharing and of writing about things that involve other people, so we’ll see. 

I’m not going to commit to a proper blogging schedule just yet as I’m trying to dedicate as much time as possible to my friends before I move three hours away, but hopefully I’ll have something up every few weeks or so. My biggest struggle is product photography, which I’m crap at, but I have a friend who has a bit of a flair for photography and I may need to employ her to give me a bit of an education over the summer. I’m also hoping to start writing more fashion and lifestyle posts on top of my usual beauty ones, so if you have anything you’d like to read drop me a line and I’ll see what I can do! The post on my sexuality proved to be very popular, so I’ll definitely think about writing more on that subject too. 

Anyway, the point of that ramble was just to let you all know what the story was and where I’ve been over the last nine months. I’ll hopefully be more on my game over the summer, and have prewritten a ton of posts to tide you over if I need a bit of time off. I’m raring to get back to work, and have lots of new opportunities for lifestyle posts coming. So yeah, look forward to regular-ish posts from here on out!


Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin


No comments

Post a Comment

© Heroine Heart
Maira Gall